Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Magic of Craig's List

One of the biggest hurdles I had in getting "Gracie's Greatest Gift" completed was finding an illustrator.

The entire process took nearly a year. For those of you who really know me - you know patience is not one of my strongest characteristics.

After asking everyone from friends and family to my hairdresser, finally, in a final desperate attempt, I posted a "wanted ad" on Craig's List. Yes, Craig's List!!

Many weeks passed with no responses, and then, one day I had a response from an illustrator in India! Yes, you read that right - INDIA!!

After some electronic correspondence, we signed a contract and, BINGO, I had an illustrator - Richa Kinra!

How she found the ad is a question I can't answer, but, she did!

God doesn't always show up on my schedule, but, I learned a big lesson here - HE DOES SHOW UP!

Tommorow, find out why I'm donating ALL profits to Reba's Ranch House but, for now, I'll see you down the trail...

No comments: