Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Why Reba's Ranch House?

If you've been following the story behind the story of "Gracie's Greatest Gift" then you know Reba McEntire was part of the inspiration for this book. When I'm deeply inspired by something or someone, I feel obligated to give something back to the source of the inspiration, if possible.

So, could I donate some money from the book sales to Reba? Sure I could. But would Reba take it or would she prefer the money be donated to one of her causes? Well, since I couldn't pick up the phone and call her, I figured she'd prefer I donate to one of her causes. I researched all of her "pet projects" and was inspired to donate to Reba's Ranch House.

Little cowgirl Gracie would make a bit of money to support a charity that is housed in a ranch house. It just made sense! Plus, I know the importance of the mission of the ranch house having treated patients whose families desperately needed the services of homes away from home.

Therefore, ALL profits made from the sale of "Gracie's Greatest Gift" will be donated to Reba's Ranch House. I wanted to give 20% - but after checking with God on the amount He made it immediately clear in my heart I needed to give 100%.

I argued with God for awhile, but knew I had to give 100%. Trusting Him to take this book wherever He wants it to go and knowing He will provide everything I need...

No comments: