Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Harvest

For the past 4 years I have had specific goals/dreams written down and have also had a word or phrase for the year. That phrase is on my phone's screensaver and I see it multiple times each day.

The first year the phrase was Truth Trail. I spent all of that year intensively studying writing and the Word daily. Many truths became evident as I traveled that spiritual trail and old hurts, fears, etc. came to light. I have written about many of those things and my soul is now free of those chains.

The second and third years the phrase was Cowgirl Dreams. I had begun to realize as I had traveled the Truth Trail that I was a cowgirl at heart. I, once again, found my inner child and found those things that inspire me. I have the heart of an adventurer and a pioneer. I love cowboys, leather, horses, silver, wooden fences, open spaces, spacious skies, John Wayne, etc. I found new areas of exploration in my writing.

Now, this, the fourth year, my key word is Harvest.This is the year that I will begin to harvest from some of the seeds that were sown over the past four years. My children's book, Gracie's Greatest Gift, is on track to be published this year - a four year odyssey! My songwriting will produce a CD this year to officially launch my business endeavor, Character Trail Roundup. I have a poem that will be published in June on the website of Proverbs 31 Ministries - a poem that was conceived two years ago!

I know I don't blog very often because it begins to feel like "busy work". But, if anyone out there is actually reading this, take heart and know that God does guide and provide. My life for the past four years is living proof! The Bible verse at the top of my blog is my guiding principle and all I've shared today are some of the practical ways I use every day to stay on track.

Keep a song in your heart!

No comments: