Friday, October 1, 2010

Busy Doesn't Even Begin to Decribe It

I can't begin to describe how busy you can get writing and creating. My friends and former professional colleagues ask me "What are you up to?" After I tell them about my work on Character Trail Roundup and my children's books and my other activities, their eyes begin to glaze over and I can't help but think they are either thinking "She's crazy!" or "I wish I had time to do all of those fun things!" I prefer to believe they are thinking the latter. But, it amazes me how much "work" those fun things can be and how time-consuming it is to write and organize songs and performances.

I am, by nature, a very impatient person, so the amount of time it takes me from the inspiration to the completion is really a test of faith for me. I can come up with ideas so fast it makes my head spin. Thankfully, I am gifted with a stubborn-as-a-mule persistence and if I start something then, by golly, I'm going to finish it!! It just takes SOOOOOOOO long sometimes!!

I know I haven't checked in here on PioneerPoet much lately but, well, I've been busy. Sheila and I are finally launching Character Trail Roundup next week!!! We have "gigs" at Highland Baptist Church and at Gonzalez United Methodist Church. Only God only where we'll go from there. But, we have made some very important professional contacts and, hopefully, doors will open.

Also, I have written a song for the country music market and have gotten the attention and a chance to co-write with a songwriter who is a "Nashville insider". For those who don't study these types of things - THIS IS BIG!!! Just to get the attention of anyone who is anyone in Nashville is BIG, but to be asked by that "Nashville insider" to co-write on a song is SUPER BIG!! I'm still floating on a cloud of disbelief...

Check me out on Facebook to follow Character Trail Roundup 'cause I visit there alot more often than I visit this blog...

See ya' down the trail...

No comments: