Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hitting the Trail

It has been way too long since I've blogged, but I have been very, very busy. I have completed my first children's book, tentatively titled "Gracie's Greatest Gift" and have also completed a book proposal for it. It is now being shopped to the Christian publishing market. I am also in the research phase for another children's book about my hometown, Ellisville, Mississippi. My vision is for it to introduce the reader to historical and interesting facts about Ellisville that are not compiled anywhere else. The only compilation of these facts is in the minds of the older citizens who have told the stories but they need to be preserved. I'll be traveling to Ellisville this month and will be happy as a lark camped out in libraries thumbing through dusty books and recording stories from "the folks".

Sheila, my songwriting collaborator, and I have launched a website and a facebook page as we hit the trail with our newest creative endeavor, the Character Trail Roundup. The website is www.charactertrailroundup.com and to find us on Facebook search under the heading charactertrailroundup. Become one of our friends and keep up with us. We are finishing up the songs and craft projects and will be marketing this children's event to daycare centers, schools, etc. We are trying to instill some old-fashioned values in today's children. Much prayer will be required!! Working up the program has been a lot of work but great fun. I can't really call if work!

I'll try to write more often, but if you want the absolute latest find us on Facebook! Keep a song in your heart...

No comments: