Monday, September 24, 2012

Two Years Ago...


Two years ago, in 2010, I was eagerly embarking on an exciting journey with my songwriting. I had an opportunity to co-write with a professional Nashville songwriter and I was underway with development of the Character Trail Roundup program. Doors were opening and excitement was in the air.

Now, in the fall of 2012, things look alot different than I imagined they would look this time two years ago.

My friend, CJ Watson, and I DID complete a great country song! It is currently in production and we're searching all the time for placement opportunities. I still can't believe I have cowritten a song with a professional Nashville songwriter! Me? Crazy!

On a sadder note, the project, Character Trail Roundup, fizzled and my partner and I have parted ways. I have learned some very hard lessons during this process and I trust that ALL things work to the good!

Sometimes God takes us through a wilderness and does some heavy pruning on us so we can bloom even greater in the future. Right now that's where I am. Pruned...

Many doors have closed during this past year, but other, more exciting doors have opened.

My next project, is slowly taking shape. It is my vision of a program to teach children good character values and morals.

It is called the Good Character Roundup and it will be a puppet show! The initial songs are written and in production. The puppets are made and are itching to reveal themselves to the world.

However, God's timing is what I'm waiting on.

Soon, very soon, I will be able to show y'all what I have been working on for many, many months!

No comments: