Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Take A Hike!

Please don't take that title the wrong way. I am not telling anyone to get out of here and "take a hike"! However, I am strongly encouraging ya'll to get outside and take a good long look around you.

Personally, one of my favorite activities in the whole world is to take a walk in the woods. I used to hike and hunt with my father when I was a little girl. In fact, I owned my first shotgun when I was twelve years old. Sarah Palin's not the only girl who can look good and shoot good! There's plenty of those types all over this great country. But... back to hiking.

I love getting outside in the wilderness just for the pure freedom and joy of it. I don't enjoy hunting and killing. But, I can and will do it if I am going to eat what I kill or I need to protect myself or others. My daddy taught me that.

So, whether you are an experienced outdoorsman/woman or a newbie, take a hike and see all of the wonderful wildflowers that are blooming right now. I highly recommend the Blackwater Heritage Trail in Milton, FL. This is an old railroad line that has been paved and is now used as a bike/hiking trail. It is an easy walk and you'll love it! So, go take a hike!!

No comments: