Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm Still Here

Howdy! I know its been awhile since my last post but I am just swamped in work on my children's book. I am in the middle of finalizing my book proposal and it has required extensive concentration and time. Although I get frustrated and often think I can't keep going, I must admit I love it! It's kind of crazy!. Anyway, I had a wonderful phone meeting with Jenni Burke and her team at D.C. Jacobson and Associates (author management company) and it was well worth my money and time. I have learned so much and my writing has improved dramatically. I would highly recommend this service to anyone who is serious about improving their craft and seeking publication in the Christian market. I plan to get the final draft uploaded by end of this week. After that, it's truly in God's hands...
In addition to all of this work, Sheila and I are rapidly completing a rough draft of a Christmas song. We have been provided with an opportunity to "pitch" (songwriters parlance for getting a song heard by artists/publishers/etc.) it to the trio Point of Grace (www.pointofgrace.net). We just LOVE THEM! I'll let you know how this progresses. We have to finalize this song and cut a really good demo by the end of May. It has to be approved by our local Nashville Songwriter group coordinator and if it makes his "cut" then he forwards it to Nashville!!! There it will be "pitched" to the Point of Grace team. So if our song makes it to Nashville then it's in God's hands because the competition will be tough!! But we are thankful for this wonderful opportunity!

Keep a song in your heart and I ask for you to keep me and my work in your prayers. Have a blessed day!

No comments: