Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Having Faith

My regular readers know that my songwriting buddy, Sheila, and I have been eagerly awaiting the results from the USA Songwriting Competition. We entered a great song titled "Stand Up America" but it didn't win or even place. Many of those that won were good songs and wonderfully produced, so I guess real amateurs didn't have as much of a chance in this competition as the rules indicated. However, we have received wonderful feedback from those that have heard this song and we know, by faith, that great things will come from this song. What will happen and when it will happen are things only God knows. But we continue to keep the faith.

As I complete my Christmas preparations, parties, gift shopping, and singing in the church Christmas pageant I am, once again, reminded of how very blessed I am. Please take some time to pause and reflect on all of your blessings. I'll bet your list of blessings is longer than your list of problems if you'll take the time to actually make those lists.

Remember Jesus is the reason for the season and without Him there really is no reason for this season. Keep Him and a song in your heart always!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Hi Ginny. Everyone is an amateur to begin with :) Nice boots!